Desi cow milk is an integral part of Indian diet, the child takes its mother milk when its childhood but once.he has grown up entire his life milk is provided by the cow only so in Indian tradition for cow we have given very important place and treat it as Go Mata (God), Kaamadhenu.
After mother milk the cow milk role is a very important one to grow and sustain, so we need to know qualities of cow milk.
Nowadays most of the milk dairies are of jersey milk only. all they have become business minded and commercialized. So these dairy people will not bother about qualities of milk they want money only because of jersey cow will give more milk so all farmers started to buy these cows only.
This jersey originally a breed of a wild animal named URUS. In Germany, it was called AUROCHS. People of Europe hunted this wild animal for meat. But hunting of this animal was difficult, so this wild animal was crossbred with various animals along with Indigenous Cows Of India. Thus were born modern day Jersey, Holstein, and F.S cows.
Therefore main aim behind the development of these foreign breeds of cows by western countries is for Meat production.
What are the contents in 100 gm. of desi milk
- Phosphorous 0.93 gms – Energy release for metabolic activity and physical activity
- Calcium 1.20gm – Healthy bones and Teeth
- Iron 0.002 gm –
- Magnesium – for muscle function and elements Vanadium, chromium, tin, aluminum, abhrak, and sisa.
It has 25 types of minerals and Vitamins as:
- Vitamin B12 – for production of healthy cells
- Vitamin A – for good eyesight and immune function
- Zinc – for immune function
- Riboflavin – for healthy skin
- Folate – for production of healthy cells
- Vitamin C – for formation of healthy connective tissues
- Iodine – for regulation of the body’s rate of metabolism
In Charaka Samhita, the ancient text on Indian Medicine, strongly recommends the use of Desi Cow products for the treatment of various ailments.
Properties of milk
स्वादु शीतं मृदु स्निग्धं बहलं श्लक्ष्णपिच्छिलम्|
गुरु मन्दं प्रसन्नं च गव्यं दशगुणं पयः||२१७||
प्रवरं जीवनीयानां क्षीरमुक्तं रसायनम्||२१८||
svādu śītaṃ mṛdu snigdhaṃ bahalaṃ ślakṣṇapicchilam|
guru mandaṃ prasannaṃ ca gavyaṃ daśaguṇaṃ payaḥ||217||
pravaraṃ jīvanīyānāṃ kṣīramuktaṃ rasāyanam||218|| – Charaka Samhita Sutrasthana 27
Cow milk has ten properties viz,
Swadu – Sweetness,
Sheeta – cold
Mrudu – soft
Snigdha – unctuous, oily
Bahala – density, thick
Shlakshna – smoothness,
Picchila – slimness, stickiness
Guru – heavy
Manda – slowness
Prasanna – calming, clarity.
These are also the properties of Ojas. So milk having identical properties is conducive to the promotion of Ojas, thus milk is an elixir per excellence (Rasyana)
Benefits of consuming desi cow milk
- No adulteration in milk
- Sweet in taste
- Have rich in omega 3 fatty acids because of which children grow healthy
- Gives easy moment of intestines
- Acts like lubricant to entire body
- Relieves tiredness, thrust, hungry and dizziness
- Desi cow milk contains 100% A2 type beta casein protein so it work as anti-disease
- Desi Cow milk is like nectar because it has amino acids which make its protein easily digestible
- One of the best oxidant
- Helps in reducing chances of colon, breast and skin cancer
- Reduces acidity and also good for kidneys